This project was just an experiment to see if I could save the frame
This is what I did:
- I tore strips from a piece of linen that was leftover from the hems of my curtains. Most of the strips were a little over one inch wide and I made sure both sides were frayed.
- Next, I glued the strips of linen onto the front & sides of the frame with an all-purpose white glue, overlapping the edges to cover the entire frame.
- I allowed the glue to completely dry, then I painted the entire frame with white acrylic paint.
- For added personality, I used mod podge to add part of this graphic from The Graphic's Fairy to the right side of the frame & allowed it dry.
- Finally, I sealed the entire frame with a sepia tinted decoupage and inserted a botanical print, also from The Graphic Fairy's website.
This project was definitely a learning experience...but, I was able to save the frame and, I also have a semi homemade gift that I'll be proud to give away when the occasion arises.
I love having little gifts on hand ... just in case.