Thursday, June 28, 2012

Frame Upcycle



This project was just an experiment to see if I could save the frame 

This is what I did:
  • I tore strips from a piece of linen that was leftover from the hems of my curtains. Most of the strips were a little over one inch wide and I made sure both sides were frayed.
  • Next, I glued the strips of linen onto the front & sides of the frame with an all-purpose white glue, overlapping the edges to cover the entire frame. 
  • I allowed the glue to completely dry, then I painted the entire frame with white acrylic paint.
  • For added personality, I used mod podge to add part of this graphic from The Graphic's Fairy to the right side of the frame & allowed it dry.
  • Finally, I sealed the entire frame with a sepia tinted decoupage and inserted a botanical print, also from The Graphic Fairy's website.  

This project was definitely a learning experience...but,  I was able to save the frame and, I also have a semi homemade gift that I'll be proud to give away when the occasion arises.  
":o)
I love having little gifts on hand ... just in case.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...