Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Picture Framing Project

I thought I'd share my little picture framing experiment with you.  It was so easy, and I really like the look.  Of course, this was the first one I've done, and I can already see a couple of things I'll do differently on the next one.  

My Experiment
I found a print from The Graphic's Fairy that I liked and printed it to fit one of my 5x7 frames.  The paper I used for the mat is a shopping bag.  I knew I was saving it for some reason... " 


I cut a 5x7 piece out of the bag then tore an opening in the middle to create the mat for my picture.  
It was easy enough, but I did struggle with which side of the paper I liked best.



In the end... this one won out.  

 I spent a few minutes assembling the frame and have to say, 
"I like the look the torn paper gives this piece of art". 


I have a project that I'm working on that will incorporate at least two or three prints like this, 
and maybe, I'll share it with you when it's complete.  

In the mean time...I'm going to experiment a little bit more...

A couple of things I might do differently will be:

tint the art for an aged look
 and  
use a page from an old book as my mat.


You should give this simple project a try.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...