Mod Podge is becoming a staple around my house. I keep finding new ways to put it to use, and thought I'd share my latest venture.
For this project
Tulip Fashion Glitter
1" Sponge Brush
It looked great filled with bath salts
As well as a vase at the dining table
But my favorite was as a simple vignette combined with some old letter's I recently found at a flea market.
- Carefully cut out the graphic, then apply mod podge to the back.
- Attach the label to the jar pressing carefully with your fingers, positioning it where you want it as well as removing all air bubbles.
- Allow the mod podge to dry until the label is secure (about 30 minutes)
- Apply another coat of mod podge to the front of the label, being careful not to smudge the ink. Note: I used an ink-jet printer, but if you're using a laser printer you shouldn't have problems with smudging.
- While the mod podge is still damp, sprinkle the glitter onto the front of the label.
- Carefully clean the jar by removing any of the mod podge/glitter that isn't on the label.
- Allow it to dry over night. ALL DONE!
I love simple projects like this one and can't
wait to make more for gift giving.
I hope you'll give it a try yourself!
Join me at these parties!